Wednesday, September 21, 2011

CRAZY Days

It has been so crazy here over the last few days. In the short span of a week, so many things have happened, changed and exploded. It is unbelievable that only one week has passed since arriving here in London.

First of all I went from:

  • Eternally grateful to the Adam's family for taking both Stacey and myself into there small bedroom upstairs.
  • Freaked and stressed because I could not find a place to move in a decent amount of time, aka: the end of this coming week.
  • Relieved, because Philippa set Stacey and I up with a friend with two bedrooms to rent in New Malden.
  • Stressed again, because one room was very much smaller than the other - and one would have felt very guilty to get the larger room with a desk. 
  • Eternally grateful to the Adam's family for suggesting I rent this room from them, without a contract, so that Stacey and I might continue looking for a flat without stress.
Then I learned that:
Myself in front of the Parliament Building,
just out of Waterloo Station and under the
shadow of the London Eye
: 20, Sep. 2011
  • I could still manage my way around central London.
  • I still LOVE Harry Potter - getting to enjoy the last film on the largest Imax screen in all of Britain. (My fourth time seeing it, of course).
  • My degree is going to kick my butt, and I have only been introduced to half of the course! (The other induction is tomorrow for Publishing). 
  • I am still capable of making friends, even though I was practically on solitary confinement for the last year and a half. 
  • Jet lag takes a long time to kill off.
  • I can survive on little food during the day when stressed.
  • I can survive on little sleep during the night when overwhelmed.
  • The internet makes this world a very, very small place. 
  • My writing style gives me strengths as a story builder.
Every night I go to bed after midnight. Every morning I get out of bed early to start my day. But I still keep trudging on with a smile, because I made it and I am following through on my goals. As long as you love what you are doing, you can afford to smile even in the most difficult parts of the journey.  

And this was my first week in London...

xx, kristin




2 comments: