Sunday, February 5, 2012

Snow in London

Guess what world - It does snow in London.

It might not be the mountains piled on sloshy sidewalks that I'm so familiar with, but it was was enough for local Londoners to draw profanities on the roofs of tiny cars. We were drawn to the window as we heard laughter in the streets to see scores of people having snowball fights. It didn't take long for us to join in, throwing bread at them like they were ducks, while they aimed for our window. Their bad aim only got us twice, but once almost through the window when we lingered too long.

This morning when I woke up the only sign there had once been snow on the streets is the damp chill of the day. It's so dark and grey here right now I'm confused into thinking it much later than 4:30 in the afternoon. Though it doesn't get to me, as I see scowls so clearly on others faces. Starbucks coffee is enough to keep me relaxed an happy.

xx, Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment