Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Flat on Old London Road

Two posts so close to each other? I must love you guys or something to keep you so well informed. 

The good news is -

I've moved into my flat.

The bad news is -

I won't have internet until we can figure that all out.

The good new is -

It will be an excellent excuse to get a lot done on my book. 

Once the place looks like someone lives in it, I have every intention of taking pictures of my flat. It's really cute, and I think it's the perfect little place for two students to live - minus the lack of desks in the place. We are going to try and get them to give us desks or at least another table tomorrow. Can you see me trying to write my book without a desk? Where will I keep my post-its!?

I think I also want to find a cheap long table or something - maybe an ironing board - to use as a table and hold up all my "trinkets." The flat didn't come with any shelving, so I'm having to be inventive on a budget. I'm using my suitcases under my bed to hold clothes and bags. I leave them open and use both sides to organize a bit. I'll be hanging all my shirts and sweaters in the closet. 

I'm laughing even now at how I have my room set up. You'll see what I mean once I take pictures. Tonight I've decided to stay one last time at Philippa's. My flatmate isn't back from her trip yet, and I don't really want to stay there alone - without internet or company on my first night

So, until I get my internet up this blog will be silent, but I promise the moment it comes up I'll make a little post telling you all I can skype and chat again. I honestly have no idea how long it will be, I don't know whats involved and I've never dealt with anything like it before. 

Growing up comes with a lot of tedious and frustrating situations. I've made it through them all so far - relatively unscathed. Sometimes I do wish that I was still a kid and had people taking care of me. I think they are better at taking care of me than I am of taking care of myself. 

Let the journey continue.
xx, Kristin

1 comment:

  1. You are doing great taking care of yourself. I am sure you will figure it all out and soon you will feel like you're at home.
    I can't wait to see the pictures.
    Love ya lots, xxxxxxooooooo
    MOM

    ReplyDelete