Monday, January 23, 2012

One Week

I've been back in London for a week.

Most of my time has been trying to fix my sleeping, catching up with friends, figuring out the flat situation, reading (that's one trilogy and three books down for the week), and continuing to work on my book. I've now finished a solid 30 pages, and have another 40 waiting for me to mold. This would be a lot harder if I hadn't finished the whole book two years ago.

Good times.

I should be moving into my new flat this coming Wednesday. This is the moment where I ask you all to take a breath and say a little prayer that everything goes smoothly, and my next nine months will be blissful and trouble-free in this place. It shows me to get my first flat on my own in a foreign city, on the day my flatmate won't be in town. 

However, no one should worry too much because I do have a lot of support on this end.

Support - I always seem to need it. It's worse than just plain approval, because you need to rely on someone to be supported. With approval it's all you until you look back and see the nods and smiles. Maybe this is a new goal for myself, seek approval not support. It will surly force me to grow a little more and make my own decisions at the peak of choice making time. I'll stop worrying about other people when I need to make decisions for me.

... OR maybe I'm just being stupid - Can't blame it on not sleeping enough, haha.

Anyway, it feels good being back in London even though I do miss my friends and family. I'll have to start working harder on those train-tracks over the Ocean right onto Main Street Cooperstown. What would that be called: Atlantic Rails, West and a Bit More West Trains, Sunset Station? Ah well - building first, names later - although Sunset Station gives me a good idea for a shortstory.

xx, Kristin

1 comment:

  1. I have been waiting for an entry but I totally understand why it hasn't been here. Thanks!
    You do have so much to do on your own and you do have our approval. We are so proud. SO PROUD!!!!
    Love, you lots.

    ReplyDelete