Monday, November 7, 2011

'Kristin Bergene' & A NEW BAG!

So, I accomplished some things today. I accomplished getting out of bed. I accomplished getting into Kingston to accomplish some schoolwork. I accomplished making it my class on time at 18:00 (6pm) and I accomplished some stuff to help market myself better.

Our lecturer today was talking about social media, and frankly it brought me to the conclusion that I am not doing enough - cue laughter. I have no idea how to market myself, and I really never considered that it was something I should be responsible for. However, there was a very good point brought up which was if you have a pre-existing group of followers you are more likely to be published. This includes self-publishing, which I may just have to give a shot - eventually. Anyway, this has me planning out a new marketing strategy which involves making 'Kristin Bergene' the product I want it to become.

Once Jane from The Office (US) said: "Dress for the job you want." In a way that is what I am trying to do, I am making my name recognizable as a brand. A brand of what?

That is still to be determined.

But today I worked towards my newly organized ambitions - not new ambitions, just reorganized. I have two blogs for my professional life, two blogs that I have failed to touch seriously once arriving here in England. Today, I changed their URL's to a more appropriate name.

They have now become:

With their new names, I hereby swear to market them the "right way" - as opposed to just having them there in the background. I will dedicate at least one hour a week to spreading the word on 'Kristin Bergene' - which I think is plenty enough time for one week, considering I am still doing my masters. 

My responsibilities are slightly overwhelming. It seems this easy / fun blog is my best source of stress relief that can be played with between serious responsibilities. Well, this blog, traveling into London's center and shopping - speaking of which...


LOOK A NEW BAG!



I thought a sleek bag like this would be perfect to get me in the right mindset of a professional. As I stared it down, I imagined going on interviews with a pencil skirt and this guy. It seemed like an unbeatable confidence booster - mostly because both my planner and kindle fit inside beautifully, along with all my other crap.

Bring it on world.

xx, Kristin


4 comments:

  1. AWESOME BAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it. It looks like you could fit the kitchen sink in it if you ever wanted to. The new look/goal is interesting. Good for you for taking ideas and going forward. So proud of you. I am a follower!
    Love you lots, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too, it is so pretty and shiny! Glad you like my changes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the bag!!! There is no doubt it will land you that job of your dreams. :-) Your goals and ambitious no doubt will pay off Kristin. Love you,
    Aunt Sharon

    ReplyDelete