Monday, November 28, 2011

Three Days of Thanksgiving!


I realized this morning that I forgot to mention my three days of Thanksgiving, just like the Pilgrams and Native Americans did on the very first Thanksgiving. 

24, November 2011:
Thursday afternoon, on the actual day of Thanksgiving, I went out for a Thai lunch with a friend from the states. Then after Writer's Workshop, we went to the pub - we always go to the pub - and made a turkey from the tinfoil of mince pies.

Mince pie tinfoil turkey. 


25, November 2011:
We had a large dinner at The King's Tun, where anyone who wanted to be part of the Thanksgiving Spirit was invited to come. It was a lot a fun, and great to spend time with people outside of the classroom. We then moved to another pub where I had dessert of the american beer Blue Moon - oranges included.

26, November 2011:
A few of us from the States were invited to a friend's place in the campus halls. We all contributed to the meal and it was delicious. I made my traditional apple pie, except against tradition it came out perfectly well! Also, it was square, which was pretty cool. After dinner and pie - which I could not eat one bit of - we went out for a little karaoke. It was terrifying but I did sing Set Fire to the Rain by Adele and I think it went okay - although I felt like I was screaming into the microphone.


Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
xx, Kristin

1 comment: