Thursday, November 17, 2011

THANKS MOM AND DAD FOR THE POPCORN!!!

Norbiton Train Station - towards Kingston.
I am much worse at updating this blog than the one I kept in 2009, I wonder if that means something - haha.

From the last time I posted I have accomplished quite a list of activities - if that is what you want to call them, haha. I had a conference on publishing at Stationer's Hall, I dorked out with Ruth in various geek shops in the center of London, I went shopping for warm clothes, I wrote a paper on production in publishing - which required me to take books from the library - I agreed to attend the mid-night premiere to see the next Twilight movie, I emptied my fridge and have not restocked it, I booked a spontaneous trip to Wales for their Christmas events, and I got a ton of popcorn in the mail from my parents - etc, etc...

In other news, NaNoWriMo is going terribly and I do not know when I will focus on that. Maybe today, before class, and while finishing my laundry, packing and preparing for tonight. Also, I have yet to find a place to live, and I am completely unable to keep up with my incoming emails - so much stuff, all the time. Thanksgiving plans have failed to move forwards, and I am not really motivated to work out the kinks without help. BUT the golden light at the end of this tunnel is -

I AM GOING TO WALES THIS WEEKEND
(Cardiff to be exact). 


Mentally - I am still doing really well, and I am really loving everything about being here. But do not worry, I am super excited for Christmas and to see my family and friends. Also I am super excited for New York Pizza, wings and an antipasti salad - So, if someone wants to put that order in for me? All the doubts I had before coming are gone now, and honestly I cannot even remember the details of those extreme moments of panic - I am sure they are in this blog somewhere.
Ruth and I at M&M World, London. 

Sure, I do not know what will happen once I get my degree.

But, I have a plan, and I know what I would like to happen.

But that is all in the future, and there is no point is killing myself today about what will happen in a year. A year ago today, I had no idea I would be back in London. I had the plan of moving to New York City, or Boston - maybe even Seattle - after getting decent experience at The Freeman's Journal. Working towards a degree in publishing and creative writing was not even a real consideration and it took a few more months to bring me to that single decision. Which is silly of me after all, because I love books, so working with them is just the correct answer.

My point is, right now is really good, and in one year the most important thing will be that I am still able to feel confident and happy. That is really the most important thing for anyone. If all I have in one year is the memory of this experience, and the knowledge I have gained, I want that to be enough. However, I am sure my dedication to carving out a niche for myself, and my stellar work ethic will continue to pull me through.

And on that note,


Myself, new winter gear
and a poppy. 

THANKS MOM AND DAD FOR THE POPCORN
(It's one of my favorite foods). 

Here's for constant optimism,
xx, Kristin



3 comments:

  1. You are welcome for the popcorn! Have fun this weekend! I am sure your future will be all that you want it to be. Optimism is the way! It will work out.
    Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete