Friday, September 16, 2011

Adjusting

Adjusting - or if you can call it that.

I have been so busy in the last couple days I do not even know how long I have been in Kingston. Socializing, starting a bank account, socializing, enrolling, dealing with small details of being a postgraduate student, socializing, trying to find a good cell plan, and socializing -It is no wonder I cannot keep track of the days. I am almost certain I have been here a month, surviving on peanut butter and toast.

I am certain it has been a month.

Although, that may also play into the part where I have been here before, making me comfortable and confident as I walk the streets - Still possible I get lost though. Knowing my way around has made the prior list much easier on my brain. I knew where the Lloyds bank was that - with some advice from new friends - I chose to open my account in. I knew where all the cell phone places where. Most importantly, I knew the short route between all those places and campus as I ran in circles with my head spinning today - Even if sometimes I forgot to use them.

Anyway onto what I have accomplished -

  • I have enrolled into the University, getting my ID card and all that lovely official stuff.
  • I have begun to complete my bank account at Lloyds for my loan money to be dropped into.
  • I have begun research into cell phones, even thinking I have found the right plan for me. 
  • I have finally glanced over my timetables.
  • I have continued to search for flats, getting a few really decent options but more indecent ones. 
  • I have met up with many of the people I found on facebook before coming to Uni and more. 
  • I have taken a tour of Kingston - because I thought it would be fun... it was.
All I have left to accomplish -
  • Actually finish of my bank account.
  • Finish off the cell phone.
  • Find a flat to live in - and hopefully soon.
  • Get organized to for my courses.
  • ACTUALLY GET INTO LONDON! This I might run off and do on my own, just to have a good, old fashioned moment. 

That is all I can think of anyway.

OH - on account that I am required to head to a pub down the street and continue socializing, this post will be completely and entirely unedited! Socializing Calls.

xx, kristin



3 comments:

  1. Maybe the socializing is making you feel tired and run down. "Just sayin." Ha! Ha! :) All of that is important.
    Thanks for writing.
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty certain it it all the socializing's fault! I do need to take a break from that at least until I find that flat!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent photos!!!! very outlying impact, enjoy your own ensemble thus fashionable and beautiful!!! cheap diablo 3 Gold

    Diablo 3 Gold

    ReplyDelete