Sunday, September 18, 2011

Searching

I do not know what I expected from this looking for a flat business, but I do have two very firm facts:
  1. I have not even been here a week.
  2. I cannot do much about it on a Sunday, when everything is closed.
So why am I still stressing about this? There is other stuff I need to be doing, like reading Rebecca, but I cannot seem to move past the fact that I have yet to schedule one viewing. In this purgatory of finding a permanent flat, I know I am not alone. Constantly, I am running into others who are in the same situation -

So, why is this so hard? 

The Uni cannot offer much more help then linking me to the advice-ridden webpage, and sending me lists and lists of letting agencies - I've emailed them all this morning. It seems to me that I cannot do this without their assistance, yet others have done this before me and are doing it right now. And it is cheaper without them.

Ah well - time to try and relax and do something really productive. It is the first time I have ever actually searched for a flat, so my emotions towards it are to be expected I guess.

Maybe, I'll go for a walk. 

xx, Kristin

2 comments:

  1. I can't hold myself to say something in Punjabi "Thand Rakh" (which means relax and be cool)

    ReplyDelete