Thursday, September 8, 2011

Packing

Last night, I decided to pack.  

In fact I made it past midnight trying to find a home for everything in my suitcases. It was then I discovered I had plenty of room. I did not even need to use my space-bags. My only real concern remains to be the weight limit. The smaller, purple suitcase I delegated for shoes, jackets and sweaters seems like it could be a bit too heavy. I expect the charges could be quite large when I go through the airport check-in, but there are really few options. AND to be perfectly honest, there are so many more shoes and jackets I could bring - so, they should thank me, haha!

The reason for my desperate need to start packing last night came with the realization that while I do not leave the country until Monday, I do leave Cooperstown on Saturday afternoon. Between today and Saturday however, I have many last minute plans to say goodbye and to spend time with my parents. Today, I will be having lunch with Eric at Bocca - which is delicious. Today is also my Mom's birthday, so tonight we will be having a quiet family dinner. 

Tonight is also the gallery opening at The Smithy, which I must attend to support the hard work of my friends Danielle and Amanda, and say peace to my "Night Sky" digital art work. (For all those interested its sale price is $200). It will be the last time I see it for awhile and with any luck it will sell and I can donate the money to "Kristin's Graduate Fund." 

Tomorrow, I have to pick Hanna up from college so that I can spend time with her before leaving. Tomorrow there will also very a very small family gathering so I can see my Dad's side of the family with all my little second cousins. The rain will certainly put a damper on things, but I suppose I must get used to the rain. 

Saturday, we hope to leave for Albany around noon and I will spend the next three days chilling with my other family and getting mentally prepared for my massive flight coming on Monday. 

THIS IS ALL COMING SO FAST. 

It is really unbelievable how quick this summer flew by, I really do not remember the summer at all. A handful of times on the boat, and in the pool. A few more than a handful of times on my kayak. I suppose I worked the summer away, and I suppose I do have a lot to show for all my work with the replacing of items that needed to be done before I left - for example: suitcases. Not to mention the organizing, applying, and continuing to finagle all the details of this whole graduate school, thing.

With all that being said, I would appreciate at least two more hot days. Two days were I can sit in the sun and just read - but those days are numbered now. As soon as I get to England, I will have too much to worry about to want to sit around an read - like: finding a place to live, getting my schedule organized, opening a bank account, getting to log onto student space so I can see my timetables and everything else. 

Countdown: 4ish days.

xx, Kristin


4 comments:


  1. exactly what a fantastic discover are unable to wait around to determine that which you 2 develop!
    guild wars 2 key



    RS gold

    ReplyDelete
  2. buy runescape gold with 5% discount code:CHRISTMAS.

    Details: http://www.rsorder.com/profile/news/read/id/443

    Free 200M runescape gold Giveaway on RSorder Flash Sale! Time: 03:00 AM on December 21, 2012 GMT

    To know more: http://www.rsorder.com/profile/news/read/id/441

    Like RSorder Facebook to Get 200M Free rs gold! If our facebook fans reach to 10,000, we will send out totally 200M free RS gold.

    Rsorder facebook : http://www.facebook.com/RSorderSite?ref=tn_tnmn

    Detailed info at: http://www.rsorder.com/profile/news/read/id/435

    Fast delivery can be assured if you buy rs gold pay by Western Union at Rsorder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Christmas is approaching, people are crazy about cheap swtor credits since lots of online credits suppliers are cutting price to celebrate this big holiday. But except for low price, you should take account safety into consideration. Then where should players go for swtor credits
    Come on! There may be world ending in 2012 as mentioned in mayan prophecy. Hurry to seize the rest of the year and enjoy yourself in swtor playing. Need swtor credits, just buy swtor creditsonline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With patch 1.0.7 coming soon, the price of cheap diablo 3 gold will definitely rise. Players are currently hurry to accumulate diablo 3 gold. Now, a good news for all diablo iii players: Diablohome Free 100000K D3 Gold Giveaway for Newsletter Subscribers begins. Hurry to snap free diablo 3 gold.
    More tags : D3 Gold Diablo 3 Gold buy Diablo 3 Gold

    ReplyDelete