Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Flight

I know, I know - I said that I was probably not going to post once I got home, but it 8:30am here and 1:30 in my brain. I am wide awake. Also, no one in my house has appeared so I am sitting on the couch watching my favorite guilty pleasure: Millionaire Matchmaker.

Though I am tempted to go try and make waffels.

Yesterday, Ruth and I had one of our adventures as she brought me to Heathrow. I am certain that the way we had to get to Terminal Five was a way we had never been before. We had to go on the underground, and then in a lift that seemed to go up about 12 floors.

It was - new.

After wandering around until I could drop my luggage, I said goodbye - promising I would pick her up some grape jam - and went through security. It each time I go through it seems like it seems to get easier. There were a few girls ahead of me who seemed to have NO idea what they were doing. They held up the que as I watched the security fill up about four plastic bags with their makeup that had been in the carry-on. This is a big no-no. It was like they had never been on a flight before.

My flight was pretty - long.

I never realized how long seven and a half hours is when you are sitting still, going home for Christmas and cannot settle on a movie. All I wanted to do was get home - all the way home to Cooperstown. After seven-point-five hours in a plane, the car ride almost drove me insane! I had to allow myself to fall asleep to not let the traveling continue to stress me out. When we pulled in the drive way, I was ecstatic - though I am sure no one could tell, because in my brain it was 6am and I practically slept walked into the house and onto my bed.

Oh, I love my bed.

It felt really bizarre to wake up in my room - as it always does after being separated from it for a long stretch of time. It felt like the last three months were a dream. However, this time is not like the others. I have to remember that I will be going back to London mid-January. As I promised a few people - I will not forget about England. BUT for right now - I am really, really happy to be home.

UNBELIEVABLY HAPPY!!!

I will see most of you so, so, so soon and I CANNOT WAIT!

Anyway, back to Millionaire Matchmaker!

xx, Kristin

2 comments: