Sunday, July 3, 2011

Old Tips from Past Self

Dear London,

The last time I traveled abroad, I made a list of tips for Hanna for traveling internationally. I never showed it to her. However, while I was looking for documents I came across them again, and reading through the list made me smile. This made me think it would be a good idea to post that list on here, so that I may reference it in the future.

Next Weekend Trip:
  1. Ask if you can drink the water
  2. Small toothpaste, Q-tip, small contact solution, small bottles for shampoo...
  3. The right money: Euros, Kroners, GBP...
  4. Make sure everything is charged: ipod, camera, phone...
  5. Look up some language to get around the city
  6. Check the weather
  7. Bring: cards, pen & paper, chapstick...
  8. Remember your family, write home
  9. Stay out of the bike paths, marked by green and red
  10. Take pictures with people - including yourself - in them
  11. Remember your values, priorities
  12. Ask questions
  13. Don't forget to eat
  14. It is okay to take a break, breath and do nothing
  15. Gum makes you hungrier
  16. Positive energy
  17. Try something local: theater, museums...

There were more, but I could not understand what some of them meant also there was one giant warning - Cannot put all of them, some are inappropriate. I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean... ah well.

Holland: 2009, Photographer: Kristin Bergene

xx, Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment