Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Scholarships & Reading Lists

Dear London,

I failed to get the international scholarship, which I guess is pretty likely with the percentage they gave me on getting this source of financial aid. BUT GOOD NEWS - I can still get my loans - so that's pretty cool.

Other than that, I did also receive a brief email from the publication section of my masters program. They gave me a few more details on the course, and a bit of a reading list - an intimidatingly big bit. It was also suggested that I look at a few publications and online articles. I will have to sit down this weekend and organize all of that into my busy schedule, but of course this is something I will make room for. It seems I will not be able to take on outside projects for anyone anymore.

Maybe one would say - This is where a smarter person would back down.

Not this kid.

As my Dad once said to me,
"You're a Bergene and Bergene's are not intimidated, we intimidate."
Which has clearly become my manta for this part of my life - and every other part of my life.


Italy: 2009, Photographer: Kristin Bergene

xx, kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment