Friday, July 8, 2011

Visa - UPDATE

Dear London,

Two posts in one night, I know - CRAZY. But, after getting overwhelmed before I spent the last few hours getting super organized and trying to answer my own questions. I will be emailing the financial aid office on Monday with a few I could not figure out, but I believe I have the Visa piece pretty well sorted right now.

This is what I found:
  • For the application: I need to just reference the information from my first application disaster. A few facts do need to change, but I have notes those changes on the old application which - thank god - I had printed out.
  • For the appointment: I need many documents, two of which I did not realize the first time around - there is a reason for everything. Items I will need to bring with me to the appointment are: Kington's letter of unconditional acceptance, CAS, passport, two separate letters of loan information so that I can prove I'll have money to survive, the conformation letter for my appointment, the conformation of my actual visa application, fingerprints and two passport photos with my name on the back of them. SO, that is quite a bit, and as far as I know now this is all I need for that appointment. I think I am going to bring my Oneonta Transcript because I read somewhere that you might need the same information that you had to provide to get your CAS, and that was something they had wanted.
  • I have also discovered that I should wait till JULY 19th to apply for the visa, so I will wait. I suppose I will also have to wait for my fingerprints to come back before I can take them to an appointment.

At this point, I am feeling more better. Much reassured. I just needed to take a few hours to sort out all the confusion that was pounding in my direction. Over the weekend, to distract myself from worrying about the loans - see last post - I will work on some web and logo work I have been employed to create. I also have a few tasks I need to create for TIME FRAME's launch party that will be happening this friday night. It is ironically the same day I find out if I get the international scholarship for Kingston, I get more coverage help at my second job and the same day Harry Potter 7 part 2 goes into theaters. Hard to say which I am more excited for, haha.

Feeling so much better, I just need to focus on what I need to know.

Oxford, England: 2009, Photographer: Kristin Bergene

xx, Kristin


2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous twice over - one that you are organised and brave enough to become an international student (wish I had done that while at uni) and two because you're studying creative writing (wish I'd done that at uni too!). However I'm not jealous of all that paperwork. Having lived in a few different places abroad I've been there and done that and it is always a bit of a nightmare - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you, haha, and here I was thinking I was writing to myself! I am really excited to get over there, but I am also freaking out about all the work involved - I think I am one of those high-stress people, lol.

    ReplyDelete